What is High Risk Pregnancy?
A high-risk pregnancy can present challenges before, during and/or after your baby is delivered. If you experience a high-risk pregnancy, you and your baby may need specialized care throughout the term of your pregnancy.
What Are High Risk Pregnancy Factors?
As an OBGYN for high risk pregnancies in Corpus Christi, Texas, Dr. E. Stanton Shoemaker wants you to understand what increases your chances of a high-risk pregnancy, and what you can do to take care of yourself and your baby.
In some cases, a high-risk pregnancy is the result of a medical condition that was present prior to conception. In other cases, a medical disorder that arises during pregnancy (for either the mother or child) makes the pregnancy high-risk.
Some High Risk Pregnancy Factors Include:
- Age: Pregnancy risks are higher for mothers who are 35 or older;
- Lifestyle: Smoking, drinking and using drugs can put a pregnancy at risk;
- Medical history: A previous pregnancy with problems may increase the risk for later pregnancies;
- Underlying conditions. Conditions such as diabetes and high blood pressure can result in a high-risk pregnancy. According to your ObGyn Corpus Christi, a blood condition, infection or a mental health issue can increase pregnancy risks;
- Various difficulties that arise during the pregnancy can pose risks. These include problems with the uterus, cervix or placenta, or severe morning sickness that continues into the second trimester;
- Multiple pregnancies. Pregnancy risks rise for women who are carrying twins or higher order multiples;
- Overdue pregnancy. You may experience additional risks if your pregnancy continues too far past the estimated due date.
If you’re pregnant – or thinking of becoming pregnant – and are in need of a reputable and personable ObGyn Corpus Christi TX residents rely on the professional and caring staff at Innovations in Women’s Health under the direction of gynecologic surgeon Dr. E. Stanton Shoemaker at his offices in Corpus Christi, TX, Beeville, TX and Kingsville, TX.
Don’t wait – call us today at 361-929-7088 to schedule your confidential consultation.
Why Choose Gynecologist Kingsville Texas?
Dr. E. Stanton Shoemaker is an experienced Obstetrician and Gynecologist based in Corpus Christi TX, Beeville TX and Kingsville TX, providing extensive services in obstetrics, gynecology, vaginal rejuvenation, hormone replacement therapy and laparoscopic surgery including da Vinci robotic surgery, incontinence treatment, prolapse treatment, prolapsed colon treatment, prolapsed uterus treatment, urinary incontinence surgery. Returning patients confidently choose Dr. Shoemaker again for their obstetrics and gynecology needs, as they have experienced and value his service, style of care and reassuring nature. Dr. Shoemaker understands the desire of every patient to have complete confidence in their doctor – someone caring and understanding, and highly experienced in the latest research and techniques.